Step 2: Post the first line (unless the first line reveals the song title) from the first 50 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing.
Step 3: Strike through the songs when someone guesses both artist and song title correctly.
Step 4: Looking them up on Google or any other search engine is CHEATING!
1. Feed the kittens in the kitchen. Set food out for the strays. Try hard to do your best. The [song title] will have his way.
2. Step by step I come closer to reaching the top. Every step must be placed so that I don't fall off.
3. The boat that we're sailing on can't stop in town, 'cause the waves that the boat is on won't settle down.
4. Drinking stolen gin from the rich people's bar next door (and awkwardly) I'm leaning on the shoulder of the cousin that you choose to ignore.
5. Now that it's June, we'll sleep out in the garden and if it rains, we'll just sink into the mud, where it is quiet and much cooler than the houses and there's no clocks or phones to wake us up.
6. 68 into the world born, and the seventies, a breath after the war...
7. Morning came and I tried not to notice. It was time for you to move along and the minutes fell like pedals all around us, like a goodbye kiss when goodbye felt so wrong.
8. Truth-- covered in security. I can't let you smother me. I'd like to, but it would never work.
9. 1 2 3 4 are the only things said in this song. The rest is entirely instrumental. But if you can guess it, props to you!
10. [song title], I've been around the world, but I've never seen another [song title]. [Song title] with your lips and your curls, I want a taste of that [song title].
11. Things are feeling thin. Well, I know, I know. Lost my seat again. Well, I'll go, I'll go.
12. Pinwheel spark break loose and roll. Where you stop, nobody knows. Just a thought but gone down. It's been carved into a point understand.
13. I'm told the eventual downfall is just a bill from the restaurant. You told me I could order the moon, babe, just as long as I shoot what I want.
14. Should of been, could of been, would of been dead if I didn't get the message. Going to my head. I am what I am.
15. Sophomore year you rushed for an average of eight and a third yards per carry. All eyes were on you.
16. Well, the story is in the soil. [Song title] cover the ground.
17. Both eyes drinking cool water, not the first daughter so I can't see why you're wrestling with words at last-- a tradition you've long outclassed.
18. Yes, a heart will always go one step too far. Come the morning and the four corners I see what the moral of the back story could be... (soooo much of this band has been coming on)
19. I... who took the money? Who took the money away? I... it's always showtime. Here at the edge of the stage.
21. [Song title] between the busy ones and the ones who don't care until there is no one that you really know. So I drift through these days of appointments and promises made.
22. Candy cane walks down, to build a bonfire, to break my fall.
23. Oh yeah. Alright. Somebody's Heiney is crowning my ice box. Somebody's cold one is giving me chills. Guess I'll just close my eyes.
26. Fell asleep today. North Ontario. Woke up far away. Place I didn't know. Woman smiled at me, she said, welcome to my home. Life is different here, she said, it's not camouflaged with gold.
27. All dressed down to catch a whiff of the buzz. Smells like the death of the last great cause.
29. Doug and Sally inside. They cooking for the Down Pipe. Who's staring at Miss Rayon. Who's busy licking off her Pig Pen.
31. Close your eyes so you don't feel them. They don't need to see you cry. I can't promise I will heal you. But if you want to I will try..
32. I'd like to be somebody else and not know where I've been. I'd like to build myself a house out of plasticine.
34. The scarlet letter isn't black. Gotta know who's got your back. Because they're right in front of you. Because they're telling you the truth.
35. Now it's years since your body went flat and even memories of that are all think and dull, all gravel and glass. But who needs them now -- displaced they're easily more safe. The worst of it now: I can't remember your face.
36. Everyone loves a man who lets the hardest people build him up and cut him down to lovable size. Somebody holds a candle by right it tastes all longing words are remembered: us and them, you love, you despise.
38. I'm feeling rough, I'm feeling raw, I'm in the prime of my life. Let's make some music, make some money, find some models for wives. (AHH if you haven't heard this song/band, you MUST. they're outstanding.)
40. Can't get out of bed, strain my head, I swear this is goodbye. Feel like lying here, feel like dying here, only you can save me tonight.
42. If you're seeking repair for figure eights in the ice in your stare, seven stories we're climbing tonight, so if you're angry about the fact that it's red, seven stories we're climbing tonight.
43. Try as he might, he's unable to speak. He grabs her by the hair, he strokes her on the cheek. The bed is unmade like everything is. Dark little heaven at the top of the stairs.
44. When it's missing then you want it more, it isn't right. Turning, turning out the door and back to this.
45. [title], Marguerita told Tom, Between thought and expression lies a lifetime. Situations arise because of the weather and no kinds of love are better than others.
46. In a village in the hills.. House buried to the window sills in snow. In a prison yard at night.. An Alsatian barking for the stars to go.
47. Say [title]. Skipping beats, flashing jeeps. I am struggling. Daydreaming, been sitting, the corner cafe. And I'm left in bits, recovered tectonic, trembling. You get me everytime.
48. Even if you'd never stray from me, I'd question your fidelity. There'd always be a shred of suspicion in my heart's liability.
49. Two by two.. Lord, we'll take 'em two by two. We'll lead 'em to the bedroom floor. We'll lead 'em in the dead of morning.
kthx! Sleepy now.